Discover our collection of exclusive RightFax information for an expert view into your RightFax system.
DocTransport BackupThe OpenText RightFax DocTransport Module is an interpreter between fax boards and the Server module.
OpenText Fax Server Topology
OpenText RightFax is architected to be fault tolerant and redundant within its own multi-layer architecture to help mitigate system failures. These layers include:
- Database layer: users, groups and fax data reside in the database layer
- Telco interface: services within the Open Text Fax Server that manage Fax boards, FoIP
- Distribution layer: distribution of the fax server application
- Processing services: document conversion services, altering services, print queues etc.
- DocTransport Backup (formerly BoardServer)
The OpenText RightFax DocTransport Module performs as an interpreter between the fax boards and the Server module. It handles requests to schedule outgoing faxes for transmission and informs the Server module when a new fax has been received and needs to be processed. In a scenario where DocTransport Servers are used to provide redundancy if one DocTransport goes down, RightFax will automatically transfer its outgoing workload to the remaining DocTransport Servers.
When RightFax is configured to run one or more DocTransport modules remotely, the workload of faxing is distributed between multiple servers. If a hardware or phone line failure occurs, outbound fax traffic can be automatically routed to other available DocTransport or BoardServer modules quickly and with no interruption of service.
- Workload is shared between multiple servers at different or remote locations. This architecture can be integrated into either Clustering or Share Services redundancy options.
- If a hardware or phone line failure occurs, outbound fax traffic can be automatically routed to other available DocTransport or BoardServer Modules.
- No interruption of outbound fax traffic if a hardware or phone line failure occurs.
- Ability to install multiple DocTransport modules is only available with RightFax Enterprise Servers.
- The remote DocTransport server must conform to the same hardware and software specifications as an OpenText Fax Server.
- This only provides redundancy for outbound fax traffic.
We Create Fully Connected Fax Workflows So You Can Focus On Your Business
Our RightFax experts can help you integrate RightFax with most of the leading EMR software applications, which allows for a faster workflow process and more seamless patient servicing.
We're Here To Help!
575 Lexington Ave
New York, NY 10022