Discover our collection of exclusive RightFax information for an expert view into your RightFax system.
RightFax 10.6 System RequirementsMinimum and recommended environments for RightFax 10 Enhancement Pack 6
RightFax Application Servers
*Hard disk minimum requirements do not include space for storage of document images. To calculate needed disk space, OpenText recommends using an estimate of 35kb per page.
Additional Requirements for Physical Servers
- 2x 146 GB Hard Drives, Raid 1 (for better performance 3x 146GB, Raid 5) or greater.
- Server chassis must be able to accommodate a full-length, full-height PCI fax board unless otherwise noted.
- PCI, PCI-X, and PCI-Express expansion slots*
*Expansion slots are only required if your RightFax configuration will include Brooktrout TR1034 or TruFax fax boards. Additionally, RightFax 10.6 does not support the older Brooktrout TR114 Series fax boards.)
Please provide your Advantage representative with your servers PCI slot/riser card configuration to make sure the correct board is shipped.
Additional Server Requirements
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Messaging Queue (MSMQ) Server*
- Microsoft Primary Interoperability Assemblies 2005*
- Microsoft Visual C++ runtime components*
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) 7.5 or later
- Microsoft .NET 4.6 Framework*
- Microsoft Data Access Components*
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 or Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Windows Installer 3.1*
- Crystal Reports 13.0 runtime* (used for FaxReporter)
- A Windows account to run RightFax services. The account you choose must be a member of the local administrators group and must have the right to logon as service on the local computer.
*Installed during RightFax setup
Supported Windows Server Operating Systems
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard x64
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise x64
- Windows Server 2012 Standard x64
- Windows Server 2012 Datacenter x64
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard x64
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter x64
- Windows Server 2016 Standard x64
- Windows Server 2016 Datacenter x64
Supported Windows Remote Desktop Services
- 2008: RightFax 9.4, 10.0, 10.5
- 2008 R2: RightFax 10.5, 10.6
- 2012: RightFax 10.6
- 2012 R2: RightFax 10.6 FP1 and Later
Citrix Xen App
- 5.0: RightFax 9.4, 10.0, 10.5, 10.6
- 6.0: RightFax 9.4, 10.0, 10.5, 10.6
- 6.5: RightFax 9.4, 10.0, 10.5, 10.6
- 7.5: Currently untested at thist ime.
Windows Cluster Services
- RightFax is supported for deployment in Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and later Failover Clustering configurations.
Microsoft SQL Server
RightFax 16 Enhancement Pack 2 supports only the following technologies for transmitting and receiving faxes. Other board types or third-party board or SR140 emulation technologies are not supported.
- Dialogic Embedded SR140
- Dialogic Brooktrout TR 1034 series fax boards
- Dialogic Brooktrout TruFax (RoHS compliant) series fax boards
- RightFax Connect hybrid faxing with the cloud
RightFax Embedded SR140 and Dialogic Fax boards cannot run on the same RightFax DocTransport server.
Customers with legacy (pre-RightFax 10.0) SR140 software may continue to use that legacy software with RightFax 16 Enhancement Pack 2. If the customer adds any additional fax over IP channels to their RightFax 16 Enhancement Pack 2 system, OpenText will upgrade the legacy SR140 licenses to Embedded SR140 licenses at no charge.
Microsoft Office Document Conversion
Supported Versions of Microsoft SQL
Microsoft SQL Server is required to run RightFax. All RightFax software editions include a licensed copy of 2008 SQL Express. The SQL Express database will support approximately 1,000,000 fax records. Your Advantage Technologies engineer will make a recommendation whether or not SQL Express should be used based on your RightFax configuration and daily fax volumes.
RightFax uses a SQL database to store all data on faxes, users, dialing rules, and cover sheets. During Setup, you have the option to connect to an existing SQL Server, or install a new RightFax database which includes a new installation of SQL Server 2008 Express directly on the RightFax server. Following are the supported versions Microsoft SQL:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Express, Standard and Enterprise Editions
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Express, Standard and Enterprise Editions
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Express, Standard and Enterprise Editions
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Express, Standard and Enterprise Editions
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express, Standard and Enterprise Editions
During Setup, you may connect to an existing SQL Server, or install a new RightFax database which installs SQL Server 2012 Express directly on the RightFax server. SQL Express is not recommended for larger RightFax deployments and cannot be used in a RightFax collective or shared environment.
New Installation Permissions
During new server installations, setup will prompt for two SQL accounts. The first is used by Setup to execute SQL create statements during the creation of the RightFax database. This account is required only for Setup and is neither saved nor used by RightFax. The SQL permissions required for this account are provided here:
- Create Database
- Create Table
- Create Procedure
- Create View
- Create Rule
- Create Default
Windows authentication can be used or a local SQL account for the installation of RightFax. RightFax currently supports Microsoft SQL in the following version – 2005 and 2008, 2008R2 and 2012. All editions are supported – Express, Standard, and Enterprise, 32-bit and 64-bit.
SQL Server Hardware
OpenText follows the minimum hardware requirements specified by Microsoft. Customer implementations may require additional memory, disk space and processor resources beyond the minimum requirements specified by Microsoft.
Virtualization Support for RightFax
RightFax 10.6 server software is supported in the following virtual environments:
- Microsoft Hyper-V (includes support for Live Migration)
- VMware ESX 3.01. or later
- VMware vSphere 4.0 and later (includes support for vMotion)
RightFax Remote DocTransport Operating System and Server Hardware
- Any Intel server running a Windows Server 2008/2012 64-bit OS
- RightFax 10.6FP1SR2 and higher support Server 2012R2
- PCI, PCI-X, or PCIe expansion slot to support the specific fax board being used in the system configuration
- Customers can also use virtual machines for RightFax Remote DocTransport servers when using the Brooktrout SR140 or the RightFax IP-Enabled Fax Channel Licenses.
Clients Supported Operating Systems and Software
RightFax FaxUtil Legacy Support RightFax 10.6 servers are compatible with RightFax FaxUtil client software versions 9.4 or later for basic functionality. Full interoperability only works between:
- 9.4 and 10.0, bidirectionally, client and server
- 10.5 and 10.6, bidirectionally, client and server
- Windows 7: RightFax 9.4, 10.0, 10.5, 10.6
- Windows 8: RightFax 10.5 FP1, 10.6
- Windows 8.1: RightFax 10.6 FP1
- Windows 10: RightFax 10.6 FP2 SR2
The following RightFax Web applications support Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) version 8.0 or later:
- RightFax Certified Delivery (requires the RightFax SecureDocs Module)
- RightFax SOAP Server (requires SOAP client)
- RightFax Web Access (WebUtil) Internet Explorer 8 or later is required for RightFax Web applications. See the Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) section below for more information.
- The RightFax Web Client HTML-based browser client, WEBEFM, and RightFax Dashboard is supported for use with additional web browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Apple Safari, running on Microsoft Windows or Apple OS operating systems.
- 8.0: RightFax 9.4, 10.0, 10.5, 10.6
- 9.0: RightFax 10.0, 10.5, 10.6 (For WebUtil, WebEFM, and Dashboard [WebAPPS] – *Compatibility View is required for moving columns.)
- 10.0: RightFax 10.6 (WebClient only)
- 11.0: RightFax 10, 10.5, 10.6 (Webclient only)
Firefox, Chrome, and Safari
- WebClient Only
Supported Email Systems & Email Clients
RightFax Business Edition and Enterprise Edition include the RightFax Secure SMTP Email Gateway. This email gateway is typically used for outbound fax delivery notification, routing of inbound faxes to email, and integration with hosted mail systems like Office365, Hosted Exchange and Google Mail. Customers interested in advanced email integration features will need to purchase either the RightFax Connector for Microsoft Exchange or the RightFax IBM Lotus Notes Modules.
For integration with Microsoft Exchange via the RightFax Exchange connector, RightFax supports the following versions of Exchange.
- Office 365 (EWS Connector only)
- Exchange Server 2013
- Exchange Server 2010
- Exchange Server 2007
- RightFax 10.6 also supports processing of inbound fax calls detected and routed from an Exchange Server 2010/2013 Unified Messaging server.
- Outlook 2013
- Outlook 2010
- Outlook 2007
IBM Lotus Notes
Notes Client, Domino Server and iNotes Web Access
- Lotus Domino Server R7, R8, R8.5, R8.5.1, R8.5.2, and R8.5.3.
- Lotus Notes R7, R8, R8.5, R8.5.1, R8.5.2, and R8.5.3.
- IBM Lotus Domino Web Access (iNotes)
- Lotus Domino Web Access 8
The RightFax Connector for Microsoft SharePoint (optional module) supports:
- SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint 2010
- SharePoint 2007 x64 only
RightFax 10.6 server-side application conversion supports:
- Microsoft Word 2010 and 2013
- Microsoft Excel 2010 and 2013
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 and 2013
To enable the RightFax server to perform Server-Side Application conversion, install the applications on the RightFax server and any computers running remote WorkServers you want to use for SSA.
The version of Microsoft Office installed on the Fax Server or WorkServers must be able to open the document versions that are submitted by client computers.
Additional Requirements for RightFax in Shared Service Configuration (Collective)
If you are planning to run multiple RightFax systems in a Shared Services configuration or what we call a “RightFax Collective” it is required that all RightFax servers can read and write to the same image directly location.
We do not recommend sharing the image directory off one RightFax server to the other. In this type of configuration, if the RightFax node that is hosting the image store is down, the other nodes of the shared environment or collective will not be able to write images and therefore will be considered off line.
Information for customers planning to use a SAN (Storage Area Network) for the RightFax image storage in a shared services configuration (collective). The key to a successful RightFax collective deployment when using a SAN for fax image storage is to make
RightFax Program Files – Directories
- %Installation Path%\RightFax – and all subdirectories
- All paths found in RightFax Server Module -> Data Sharing Tab
- Product Connectors – <%Installation Path% on host machines. Please contact support for more info>
Operating System Exclusions
- Default Location – %SystemRoot%\SYSTEM32\SPOOL\PRINTERS
- Default Location – %windir%\system32\msmq\storage
Service Account Profile
- %windir%\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop â€“ if this location does not exist, create
- %windir%\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\desktop â€“ if this location does not exist, create %Local Settings%\temp\
Best Practices for Antivirus Exclusion in Windows Server
- See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822158
Communication and Load Balancer Port Exclusions and Mappings
RightFax Applications (Firewall Exclusions and Load Balancer Ports):
Please note these exclusions and mappings are for network ports hosted by RightFax. The assumption is no outbound ports will be blocked for communication to other hosts. Documentation and instruction on configuring strict firewall controls may require Professional Services.
Required Ports (Firewall and/or Load Balancer):
- Server Module (client access): TCP/10520-10521
- Web Apps (WebClient, WebUtil): TCP/80, TCP/443 (for https)
- SMB: TCP/445
Required Firewall-Only Ports:
- Remoting: TCP/36363, TCP/34987-34988
- SR140/OEM Channel Application: …\RightFax\DocTransport\Brooktrout\bostsrv.exe
Optional Ports (Firewall and/or Load Balancer):
- EDC/SMTP MFP Connector: TCP/25
- LPD Print Services: TCP/515
Optional Firewall-only Ports:
- Remote DocTransport: TCP/10062
We Create Fully Connected Fax Workflows So You Can Focus On Your Business
Our RightFax experts can help you integrate RightFax with most of the leading EMR software applications, which allows for a faster workflow process and more seamless patient servicing.
We're Here To Help!
228 East 45th Street
New York, NY 10017