RightFax 20.2 System RequirementsMinimum and recommended environments for RightFax 20 Enhancement Pack 2
RightFax Application Servers
Processor: 2 CPU (or Virtual Cores) required. 4 CPU (or Virtual Cores) recommended.
Memory: 4GB RAM required. 8GB RAM recommended.
Hard Disk: Minimum free space is 10GB (1.2GB for installed programs). A 50GB (minimum) dedicated application disk for RightFax is recommended.
*Hard disk minimum requirements do not include space for storage of document images. To calculate needed disk space, OpenText recommends using an estimate of 35kb per page.
Additional Requirements for Physical Servers
- 2x 146 GB Hard Drives, Raid 1 (for better performance 3x 146GB, Raid 5) or greater.
- If ordering new fax boards, you will need an appropriate available slot for the card as follows:
- TR1034 boards with model numbers starting ‘TR1034+E’ have a low profile, half length PCI-Express form factor
- TR1034 boards with model numbers starting ‘TR1034+P’ have a full height, full length legacy PCI slot form factor
- TruFax 200E LP boards have a low profile, half length PCI-Express form factor
- TruFax 200-R boards have a full height, half length legacy PCI slot form factor
- If reusing previously purchased fax boards, please provide the full model number or serial number to your Advantage Representative to verify compatibility with current versions of RightFax and Windows Operating Systems, and to verify the physical form factor of the board. You will have to verify with the Physical Server vendor or manufacture whether the board can be accommodated.
*Expansion slots are only required if your RightFax configuration will include Brooktrout TR1034 or TruFax fax boards. Additionally, RightFax 20EP2 does not support the older Brooktrout TR114 Series fax boards.) Please provide your Advantage representative with your server’s PCI slot/riser card configuration to make sure the correct board is shipped.
Additional Server Requirements
- RightFax PostScript Printer Driver
- Windows® PowerShell® 2.0
- Microsoft® SQL Server®
- Microsoft Messaging Queue (MSMQ) Server
- Microsoft Primary Interoperability Assemblies 2005*
- Microsoft Visual C++ runtime components*
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) 10
- Microsoft .NET 4.7.2 Framework*
- Microsoft Data Access Components*
- Microsoft Windows Installer 3.1*
- SAP® Crystal Reports® 13.0 runtime* (used for FaxReporter)
- A Windows account to run RightFax services. The account you choose must be a member of the local administrators group and must have the right to log on as service on the local computer.
- Installed during RightFax setup
RightFax 20EP2 supports the following Microsoft Windows operating systems:
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows Server 2016
RightFax 20EP2 supports the following virtualization environments:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Microsoft® Azure®
- Microsoft® Hyper-V®
- VMware® ESX 3.01. or later.
- VMware vSphere® 4.0 and later (includes support for vMotion®)
- Citrix® XenServer® 6.2 or later
Windows Server Failover Clustering Services
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Failover Clustering
RightFax 20EP2 supports only the following technologies for transmitting and receiving faxes. Other board types or third-party board or SR140 emulation technologies are not supported.
- Dialogic Embedded SR140
- Dialogic Brooktrout TR1034 series fax boards
- Dialogic Brooktrout TruFax (RoHS compliant) series fax boards
- RightFax Connect hybrid faxing with the cloud
RightFax Embedded SR140 and Dialogic fax boards cannot run on the same OpenTextâ„¢ RightFaxâ„¢ DocTransport server.
Customers with legacy (pre-RightFax 10.0) SR140 software may continue to use that legacy software with RightFax 20.2. If the customer adds any additional fax over IP channels to their RightFax 20.2 system, OpenText will upgrade the legacy SR140 licenses to Embedded SR140 licenses at no charge.
Microsoft Office Document Conversion
RightFax 20EP2 no longer requires Microsoft Office for conversion of Office 2013 and later format documents. However, converting legacy (Office 2010 and earlier) formats will require Office 2013 32-bit be installed on the server.
For remote access or terminal services, RightFax 20EP2 supports the following products:
- Windows 2019
- Windows 2016
- Citrix XenApp Client
RightFax Database Requirements
Microsoft SQL Server
RightFax 20EP2 supports the following Microsoft SQL Server products:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Express, Standard and Enterprise Editions
- Microsoft SQL Server 2017 Express, Standard and Enterprise Editions
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Express, Standard and Enterprise Editions
SQL Server Hardware
OpenText follows the minimum hardware requirements specified by Microsoft. Customer implementations may require additional memory, disk space and processor resources beyond the minimum requirements specified by Microsoft.
SQL connection for Setup
Setup can create a new RightFax database using a fully automated process. The account that creates the database during Setup requires the following permissions:
- Create database
- This permission may not be needed if the SQL administrator has
- Created an empty database in advance of Setup.
- Create table
- Create procedure
- Create view
- Create rule
- Create default
RightFax Email Support
The RightFax Connector for Microsoft Exchange supports:
- Exchange Server 2019
- Exchange Server 2016
- Exchange Server 2013
- Exchange Server 2010
RightFax 20EP2 also supports processing of inbound fax calls detected and routed from an Exchange Server 2010 Unified Messaging server.
Microsoft Exchange Web Services
The RightFax EWS Connector works with:
- Exchange Online with Microsoft® Office 365®
- Exchange Server 2019
- Exchange Server 2016
- Exchange Server 2013
- Exchange Server 2010 SP2 or later
IBM Domino / Lotus Notes
RightFax 20EP2 supports:
- IBM® Domino® Server R8.5 or higher
- IBM® Notes® R8.5 or higher
Other Server Components
Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS)
The following RightFax web applications support Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) version 10
- RightFax Certified Delivery (requires the OpenText, RightFax, SecureDocs Module)
- RightFax Web Admin
- OpenText RightFax Analytics
- RightFax FaxUtil Web
- RightFax SharePoint Web Service (requires Microsoft® SharePoint®)
Microsoft SharePoint Server
The RightFax Connector for Microsoft SharePoint supports:
- SharePoint 2016
- SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint 2010
RightFax Client Requirements
Client Operating Systems
RightFax 20EP2 client applications are supported on the following operating systems:
- Windows 10 x86 and x64
- Windows 8.1 x86 and x64
- Windows 8 x86 and x64
Internet Browser Requirement
Internet Explorer 11 or Microsoft Edge is required for RightFax Web applications. See the Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) section below for more information.
The RightFax Web Client HTML-based browser client is supported for use with additional web browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari, running on Microsoft Windows or Apple OS operating systems.
RightFax 20EP2 supports the following versions of Microsoft Outlook:
- Outlook 2016
- Outlook 2013
- Outlook 2010
RightFax and non-OpenText Cloud Services
OpenText does not recommend installations of non-OpenText cloud services with RightFax. OpenText cannot support third-party cloud extensions to RightFax or any issues arising from the use of such services. Further, the installation of third-party components may interfere with the ability for OpenText to properly investigate and diagnose whether technical issues are with RightFax or other cloud service provider(s). Ultimately, your RightFax performance and reliability is at risk with third-party add-ons. Customers who require secure, scalable and supported hybrid faxing solutions are encouraged to evaluate RightFax Connect, a proven, effective and fully supported cloud-based communication for RightFax servers.
RightFax Program Files – Directories
- %Installation Path%RightFax – and all subdirectories
- All paths found in RightFax Server Module -> Data Sharing Tab
- Product Connectors – <%Installation Path% on host machines. Please contact support for more info>
Operating System Exclusions
- Default Location – %SystemRoot%SYSTEM32SPOOLPRINTERS
- Default Location – %windir%system32msmqstorage
Service Account Profile
- %windir%system32configsystemprofiledesktop â€“ if this location does not exist, create
- %windir%SysWOW64configsystemprofiledesktop â€“ if this location does not exist, create %Local Settings%temp
Best Practices for Antivirus Exclusion in Windows Server
- See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822158
Communication and Load Balancer Port Exclusions and Mappings
RightFax Applications (Firewall Exclusions and Load Balancer Ports):
Please note these exclusions and mappings are for network ports hosted by RightFax. The assumption is no outbound ports will be blocked for communication to other hosts. Documentation and instruction on configuring strict firewall controls may require Professional Services.
Required Ports (Firewall and/or Load Balancer):
- Server Module (client access): TCP/10520, 10521, 10522
- Web Apps (WebClient, WebUtil): TCP/80, TCP/443 (for https)
- SMB: TCP/445
- SR140 / SIP: 5060 UDP
- SR140 / RTP: 56000 – 56999 UDP
Required Firewall-Only Ports:
- Remoting: TCP/36363, TCP/34987-34988
- SR140/OEM Channel Application: …RightFaxDocTransportBrooktroutbostsrv.exe
Optional Ports (Firewall and/or Load Balancer):
- EDC/SMTP MFP Connector: TCP/25
- LPD Print Services: TCP/515
Optional Firewall-only Ports:
- Remote DocTransport: TCP/10062
We Create Fully Connected Fax Workflows So You Can Focus On Your Business
Our RightFax experts can help you integrate RightFax with most of the leading EMR software applications, which allows for a faster workflow process and more seamless patient servicing.
We're Here to Help!
Let us know if there is anything that we can do for you, either directly by phone or using our contact form below. We will work diligently to get back to you as soon as possible (usually within one business day).
575 Lexington Ave
New York, NY 10022
Subscribe Our Newsletter
Join our email list to stay up-to-date on industry news and product updates.
© Copyright 2023 - Advantage Technologies, Inc. - All Rights Reserved