RightFax 22.2 System RequirementsMinimum and recommended environments for RightFax 22 Enhancement Pack 2
Virtual Server Minimum Requirements
RightFax supports the following virtualization environments:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Microsoft® Azure®
- Microsoft® Hyper-V®
- VMware® ESX 3.01 or later
- VMware vSphere® 4.0 and later (includes support for vMotion®)
- Citrix® XenServer® 6.2 or later
Server Operating Systems
OpenText™ RightFax™ supports the following Microsoft® Windows® operating systems (with current updates):
- Windows Server® 2016
- Windows Server® 2019
- Windows Server® 2022
RightFax Application Servers
2 CPU (or Virtual Cores) required
4 CPU (or Virtual Cores) recommended
4GB RAM required. 8GB RAM recommended
Minimum free space is 10GB (1.2GB for installed programs). A 50GB (minimum) dedicated application disk
for RightFax is recommended
Hard disk minimum requirements do not include space for storage of document images. To calculate needed disk space, OpenText recommends using an estimate of 35kb per page.
A Windows account is required to run RightFax services. The account you choose must be a member of the local administrators group and must have the right to log on as service on the local computer.
Microsoft SQL Server
RightFax supports the following Microsoft SQL Server products:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2019 and 2017 Express, Standard, and Enterprise Editions
Communication and Load Balancer Port Exclusions and Mappings
RightFax Applications (Firewall Exclusions and Load Balancer Ports):
Please note these exclusions and mappings are for network ports hosted by RightFax. The assumption is no outbound ports will be blocked for communication to other hosts. Documentation and instruction on configuring strict firewall control may require Professional Services.
Required Ports (Firewall and/or Load Balancer):
- Server Module (client access): TCP/10520-10522
- Web Apps (FaxUtil Web): TCP/80, TCP/443 (for https)
- SMB: TCP/445
- SR140 / SIP: 5060 UDP
- SR140 / RTP: 56000 – 56999 UDP
Required Firewall-Only Ports:
- Remoting: TCP/36363, TCP/34987-34988
- SR140/OEM Channel Application: … RightFaxDocTransportBrooktroutbostsrv.exe
Optional Ports (Firewall and/or Load Balancer):
- EDC/SMTP MFP Connector: TCP/25
- LPD Print Services: TCP/515
Optional Firewall-only Ports:
- Remote DocTransport: TCP/10062
Additional Requirements for Physical Servers
If reusing previously purchased fax boards, please provide the full model number or serial number to your Advantage Representative to verify compatibility with current versions of RightFax and Windows Operating Systems, and to verify the physical form factor of the board. You will have to verify with the Physical Server vendor or manufacturer whether the board can be accommodated.
- 2x 146 GB Hard Drives, Raid 1 (for better performance 3x 146GB, Raid 5) or greater.
If ordering new fax boards, you will need an appropriate available slot for the card as follows:
- TR1034 boards with model numbers starting ‘TR1034+E’ have a low profile, half length PCI-Express form factor
- TR1034 boards with model numbers starting ‘TR1034+P’ have a full height, full length legacy PCI slot form factor
- TruFax 200E LP boards have a low profile, half length PCI-Express form factor
- TruFax 200-R boards have a full height, half length legacy PCI slot form factor
RightFax Program Files – Directories
- %Installation Path%RightFax – and all subdirectories
- All paths found in RightFax Server Module -> Data Sharing Tab
- Product Connectors – <%Installation Path% on host machines. Please contact support for more info>
Operating System Exclusions
- Default Location – %SystemRoot%SYSTEM32SPOOLPRINTERS
- Default Location – %windir%system32msmqstorage
Service Account Profile
- %windir%system32configsystemprofiledesktop â€“ if this location does not exist, create
- %windir%SysWOW64configsystemprofiledesktop â€“ if this location does not exist, create %Local Settings%temp
Best Practices for Antivirus Exclusion in Windows Server
- See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822158
We Create Fully Connected Fax Workflows So You Can Focus On Your Business
Our RightFax experts can help you integrate RightFax with most of the leading EMR software applications, which allows for a faster workflow process and more seamless patient servicing.
We're Here to Help!
Let us know if there is anything that we can do for you, either directly by phone or using our contact form below. We will work diligently to get back to you as soon as possible (usually within one business day).
575 Lexington Ave
New York, NY 10022
Subscribe Our Newsletter
Join our email list to stay up-to-date on industry news and product updates.
© Copyright 2023 - Advantage Technologies, Inc. - All Rights Reserved