Discover our collection of exclusive RightFax information for an expert view into your RightFax system.
Active / Passive ClusteringHow RightFax Cluster environments protect against an application/service failure.
OpenText RightFax Topology
OpenText RightFax is designed to be fault tolerant and redundant within its own multi-layer architecture to help mitigate system failures. These layers include:
- Database layer: users, groups and fax data reside in the database layer
- Telco interface: services within the RightFax that manage Fax boards, FoIP
- Distribution layer: distribution of the RightFax application
- Processing services: document conversion services, altering services, print queues etc
In an Active/Passive scenario two (2) RightFax servers are installed. One serves as the active server (primary server to process documents). The other “passive” server (secondary server) is set up to automatically activate in the event of a failure of the primary server. RightFax supports active-passive cluster with remote transport services (Remote DocTransport) that are linked into the cluster autonomously. The cluster is seen as one system on the network.
- Quicker recovery when compared to cold spare redundancy options
- Protect against application/service failure, system/hardware failure and downtime due to planned maintenance
- Remote locations can install remote transport services that can communicate with the active server in the cluster. User, group, or printer data does not have to be installed at the remote office since it is stored on the central server.
- The clustered server must have Remote DocTransports for channel attachment to the cluster.
- RightFax software to be used in passive node must be the exact mirror of the primary system, including modules and connectors.
We Create Fully Connected Fax Workflows So You Can Focus On Your Business
Our RightFax experts can help you integrate RightFax with most of the leading EMR software applications, which allows for a faster workflow process and more seamless patient servicing.
We're Here to Help!
575 Lexington Ave. Ste. 12-110
New York, NY 10022